Robust Back-Office Automation Eliminates Gaps
Client: A leading diversified financial services company operating in approximately 40 countries around the world.
Engagement Description: The purpose of this engagement is to develop a solution platform to automate various back office business processes for US and Canadian servicing organizations. Expected benefits from the solution include improved customer service, improved process efficiency, enhanced management and control of back office operations, and flexible allocation of work to different onshore/offshore vendors.
The solution had to meet the following challenges:
- Multiple business processes with a high level of complexity
- Distributed to different servicing departments in several countries
- Replacement of many disparate antiquated applications
- Working with Pega’s sophisticated Customer Process Management framework
- Architectural strategies involving encryption and secure data transfer due to the sensitive nature of financial and personal data
Rulesware’s Contributions: The 2+ year project was divided into multiple phases based on business process. Each phase involved a plan and define component with a milestone check and review before proceeding with Design/Construction/Test/Deployment. Plan and define for Phase 1 has been completed and is underway for Phase 2.
The data, conceptual and process architecture identified many gaps in the current system and provided a road map to a robust solution that meets the business and technical requirements of the customer. Messaging and legacy system integration were tested and proven, and architecture for the authentication and security mechanisms was created.