Development of an Advanced Lead Management System
Client: A top 5 US Insurance Company
Engagement Description: Rulesware was tasked with developing an advanced lead management solution capable of the creation of leads; the viewing, updating, and resolution of leads; and the monitoring of agency and sales activity. The organization involved in utilizing this capability primarily consisted of agents and agency support staff, though additional field and home office users would also utilize this system.
The development of the solution had the additional requirements of:
- An extremely aggressive delivery schedule
- Integration with a single complex system of record
- Include the business users’ ability to change business process and rules
- Multiple Insurance products across various lines of business with state regulated variations
- Deployment of the solution to multiple support organization with very little experience in Business Process Management based technologies
- Utilize the Insurance Framework
Rulesware’s Contributions: Using an iterative based methodology with heavy reliance on Use Case development, the implementation team was divided into sub teams that were assigned specific Use Cases. The overall design and requirements validation was managed by a governance team that coordinated all efforts including the training of end users and infrastructure build.
Rulesware was able to deliver the solutions within the restraints of the aggressive schedule, including the integration with the customer’s authentication system, legacy customer data sources and quote and bind application. The solution included implementing internal processes to manage the changing and maintenance of business rules, and distributing these roles to the customer’s internal staff.
This solution was successfully deployed in three phases, one phase rolled out per quarter.